Shafiza binti Mohd Shariff, Dr
Head of Section/SENIOR LECTURER, CYBERSECURITY & TECHNOLOGICAL CONVERGENCE
Dr. Shafiza Mohd Shariff is a lecturer at Malaysian Institute of Information Technology, Universiti Kuala Lumpur, serving the Section of Information System. She is a PhD in Computer Science graduate at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. She has published several research papers on International Conferences in the area of Credibility, Social Media, Cyber Security and Human Information Behaviour.
View my Scopus | ORCID
Dr. Shafiza Mohd Shariff research interest is in the area of Credibility, Information Privacy and Security, Social Media, Information Retrieval, Human Information Behaviour. She is a lecturer for various Computer Security subjects including Incident Response and Handling, Information Security and Business Continuity Planning.
- Credibility and trust
- Information privacy and security (e.g. Authentication, Deception Detection)
- Social media
- Human Information Behaviour
- Shariff, Shafiza Mohd, and Xiuzhen Zhang, 2014. A survey on deceptions in online social networks. International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCOINS), pp. 1-6. IEEE.
- Shariff, S.M., Zhang, X. and Sanderson, M., 2014. User perception of information credibility of news on twitter. In European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), pp. 513-518. Springer International Publishing.
- Shariff, S.M., Sanderson, M. and Zhang, X., 2016. Correlation Analysis of Readers Demographics and Tweet Credibility Perception. In European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), pp. 453-465. Springer International Publishing.
- Shariff, Shafiza Mohd, Xiuzhen Zhang, and Mark Sanderson, 2017. On the Credibility Perception of News on Twitter: Readers, Topics and Features. Computers in Human Behavior, Volume 75, pp. 785-796. Elsevier Ltd.